Third Saturday of every month, 11:00
North Court Lobby
Each month, explore a different theme and exercise your mind with a tour of the galleries by museum staff, then get your body moving with yoga in the atrium led by instructors from the Atma Center.
- May 20 –Memory. In honor of Memorial Day, see works of art created for those who have passed before us, and enjoy a yoga class featuring the warrior series of poses.
- June 17 –The Sun. Enjoy the warm weather with a tour of the Fine Arts Garden and plenty of sun salutations.
- July 15–Mudras. See examples in the galleries, then try some out in practice.
- August 19-Opposites. Light and dark, old and new—explore opposites in art and yoga.
- September 16–Patterns. Find repetitions of shape, color, and line in the galleries and in practice.
- October 21–Travelling. Go on a journey around the world! Enjoy art and yoga that will expand your horizons.
- November 18–Roots. In anticipation of seeing loved ones for Thanksgiving, explore your roots as we find relationships in the galleries and in yoga practice.
- December 16–Twists and Turns. Find a new perspective as you look from new angles—and poses!
The Atma Center’s motto is “Yoga for Every Body.” Their style of yoga is uniquely adapted to the needs of modern society and is truly accessible to all, regardless of age, body type, or fitness level.
Advance registration required. $16, CMA members $12. Limit 30 participants per month. Register through the ticket center at 216-421-7350 or online at engage.clevelandart.org. Meet in the North Court Lobby. Please bring your own mat.