Various directors. Eight films (both animation and live action) from eight countries (Australia, France, Japan, Lithuania, Russia, South Korea, Sweden, and USA) compose this program of highlights from the New York International Children’s Film Festival. Recommended for ages 8+. Cleveland premiere.
Various countries, 2017–18, some subtitles, Blu-ray, 72 min.
Presented in partnership with the NYICFF. Joseph Jurecki’s 11-min. 2014 documentary about the Cleveland Cultural Gardens, Hidden in Plain Sight, will show before the “Kid Flicks” program at 1:20 pm and after the show at 2:45 pm.
- Mogu & Perol. Japan | Animation - Tsuneo Goda; 2018, 9 min. (in Japanese, with English subtitles)
- Running Lights. Finland, India, Lithuania | Animation - Gediminas Siaulys; 2017, 11 min. (no dialogue)
- Jesszilla. United States | Documentary - Emily Sheskin; 2017, 7 min. (in English)
- Saturday’s Apartment. South Korea | Animation - Jeon Seungbae; 2018, 7 min. (no dialogue)
- Slow Dance. Sweden | Live action - Christian Zetterberg; 2018, 6 min. (in Swedish, with English subtitles)
- Hors Piste. France | Animation - Léo Brunel, Loris Cavalier, Camille Jalabert, Oscar Malet; 2018, 6 min. (no dialogue)
- Catmos. Russian Federation | Animation - Katya Miloslavskaya; 2017, 5 min. (No dialogue)
- A Field Guide to Being a 12-Year-Old Girl. Australia | Live action - Tilda Cobham-Hervey; 2017, 20 min. (in English)