While we’re loving every minute of it, hosting one of Cleveland’s biggest parties of the year takes a lot of time, resources, and people. We’ve compiled some quick numbers to show you just how much planning goes into our Summer Solstice Party. You may be surprised by what you learn!
- 7.5 hours of tunes, art, food, and more (from 5:30 p.m. until 2 a.m.)
- 41 galleries open to explore throughout the entire museum
- 17 new galleries featuring art from the ancient Near East, Greece, Rome, and Egypt; African, Byzantine, and medieval art; and prints and drawings
- 915 works of art returning to view for the first time in approximately five years
- 614 feet of fencing to outline the party landscape
- 35,000 total square feet of lawn and terrace party space (that’s a BIG party!)
- 1,700 feet of caution tape for a special Solstice surprise
The Food and Drinks
- 15,000 gourmet tacos served by Cleveland’s hottest new mobile chefs of Dim and Den Sum, in addition to Mediterranean themed appetizers, snacks, and more!
- 150 cases of beer and 2,640 bottles of water ordered to keep Solstice revelers hydrated on this warm, summer night
- 7 acts originating from across the globe, including Africa, Syria, and New York
- 20 individual performers (an increase from last year’s program)
- 2 dancers, not counting all of the Solstice party guests
- 8 international work visas required for the artists
- 1 Grammy Award winner among the group of visiting artists
- 21 togas designed and modeled by fashion students from Virginia Marti and Kent State University and inspired by our ancient collections
- 81 x 104 inches — the size of the bed sheet used to create each toga. You won’t believe the amazing transformations.
- 10 clues in the photo scavenger hunt, which takes teams on a journey throughout the entire museum
- 3 minutes — the time it takes to learn fun, behind-the-scenes facts about a work of art in the new galleries via our express talks. Impress your friends with your new knowledge!
- $129 to stay at the Intercontinental Hotel after the party (room for two, parking, and breakfast are included)
- 200+ volunteers who are generously donating their time to help our Solstice Party run smoothly
- 100 feet of art installation, thanks to Cleveland Public Art and artist Mark Reigelmän
To learn more about all of the Summer Solstice Party fun, visit our web site.