New Centennial Loans On View at the CMA
In celebration of its centennial year, the Cleveland Museum of Art is marking its anniversary with a series of exceptional loans from select collections around the world.
The first quarter of centennial loans included Titian's Portrait of Alfonso d’Avalos, Marchese del Vasto, in Armor with a Page, a generous loan from the J. Paul Getty Museum, and artist Kerry James Marshall's Bang, a loan from the Progressive Corp. collection (no longer on view). This week, the final first quarter loan went on display, a stunning Congolese Kifwebe mask from the Seattle Art Museum.
The second quarter centennial loans begin to go on view next week. This quarter includes:
- Marcel Duchamp: Nude Descending a Staircase (No. 2), April 5-July 3, generous loan from the the Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Tibet: White Tara, April 6-November 6, generous loan from the Asia Society, New York
- Barnett Newman: Onement IV, May 3-August 14, generous loan from the Allen Memorial Art Museum, Oberlin
- Bartolomé Esteban Murillo: Four Figures on a Step, May 10-July 24, generous loan from the Kimbell Art Museum, Fort Worth
- Korea, Joseon dynasty: Royal Banquet for Celebration of the Fortieth Birthday and Thirty-Year Rule of King Sunjo, June 6-October 9, generous loan from Leeum, Samsung Museum of Art, Seoul, Korea
For more information, check out the full list of on-view and upcoming centennial loans here: clevelandart.org/centennial/centennial-loans
2 months 2 weeks ago
This Week at CMA: Listening Session: Heritage: Wadsworth and Jae Jarrell, Third Coast Percussion, Meditation in the Galleries2 months 2 weeks ago
This Week at CMA: MIX: Soul, Curator Talk: Brett Weston, FINAL WEEK: Fashionable Mourners, CMA at TS: Eating Atom Bombs2 months 3 weeks ago
This Week at CMA: OPEN NOW: Dana Schutz: Eating Atom Bombs, Brett Weston: Photographs, FINAL WEEKS: Fashionable Mourners3 months 2 days ago
This Week at CMA: Dana Schutz: Eating Atom Bombs, In Conversation: Dana Schutz & Nell Painter, Brett Weston: Photographs3 months 1 week ago