Part of a set. See all set records
Champlevé enamel, glass paste stones, and gilding on copper
Overall: 11.2 x 7.7 cm (4 7/16 x 3 1/16 in.)
Gift of J. H. Wade 1923.916.1
These plaques appear to have been part of a larger ensemble forming a band of decoration affixed to a church altar. Each plaque is decorated in multiple techniques-embossing, engraving, enameling, and gilding-to create a sumptuous visual effect.
The information about this object, including provenance information, is based on historic information and may not be currently accurate or complete. Research on objects is an ongoing process, but the information about this object may not reflect the most current information available to CMA. If you notice a mistake or have additional information about this object, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To request more information about this object, study images, or bibliography, contact the Ingalls Library Reference Desk.
Is something not working on this page? Please email email@example.com.
Request a digital file from Image Services that is not available through CC0, a detail image, or any image with a color bar.